Black oblique bangs covering half of the face, eyes heavily drawn with black pencil, black nail polish, black with elements of pink, sometimes another bright color in clothes – this is a typical representative of emo. Having started its march in the 80s with fashion trends in rock music, the youth subculture has managed to extend its influence to all related areas – hairstyles, clothing style, color preferences, behavior.
- ✔ INSTANT HAIR COLORING – Change your hair with lots of variation of colors just in seconds.You can easily change your style and impression, and it is a good solution for people who likes dying hair with different colors.
- ✔ 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS – The Ingredients contain plant extracts, dermatologist tested, no scalp irritation, suitable for all hair types.
- ✔ STYLING & COLORING – Prevent your hair and scalp from salon-made damage and Enjoy everyday to begin with a new hair style that designed as you like at home.
- ✔ EASY TO USE AND WASH OUT – Our hairstyle wax is easy to color and wash, lasting and refreshing fragrance, wash out with just warm water.
- ✔ Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you are unsatisfied with our product, we will gladly replace the product or refund, and make sure that you purchase hair color wax from SWAKER for this product page is offered by SWAKER.
Features of emo style
Emo is often mistakenly confused with gothic style. These two directions are related, perhaps, by a deliberate rapture of universal grief, an emphasized state of depression, detachment from the world. At the same time, emo culture is more romantic and positive, which is also expressed in external symbolism: emo do not wear cemetery or otherworldly attributes, like Goths, besides, the indispensable presence of contrasting colors in clothes speaks more of a love of life than of gloomy suicidal moods …
Most often, followers of the style can see tight T-shirts and jeans in black, blue or gray, decorated with funny patterns in the form of broken hearts, stripes, rhombuses, checks, etc., from shoes – black and pink sneakers or rag slip-on shoes with contrasting lacing, black and pink striped leg warmers or on the arms.
By the way, the last attribute can be great to help out a fan or a fan of the style, it is only necessary to supplement ordinary everyday clothes with such creative armlets. “Arafats” are very popular among emo youth – soft, checkered voluminous scarves of the corresponding color. Here they are truly all-season and versatile, since they can serve as an additional accessory, and a warming element, and even a tie around the neck.
As a complement to the basic black color, emo clothing style allows not only traditional pink, but also more saturated colors – purple, red. Tellingly, even initially “girly” colors among adherents of the direction can be afforded by young men.
In general, the main distinguishing feature of emo clothing is unisex. Identical scarves, shoes, gaiters, hats can be worn by young people of both sexes, not to mention the “iron” attributes – rivets, belts and piercings.
Emo love piercing and consider: the more the better. Which, of course, is not always justified, at least from the point of view of health. But abusing the abundance of rivets on black leather clothes, on black jeans and jackets, there is a risk of mixing with the crowd from a completely different subculture – metalworkers.
Emo hairstyles and haircuts for emo people of both sexes
The unisex principle is also preserved in the hairstyle. Hair color is most often black or dark brown, often with colored pink or bright red, sometimes blue strands. The haircut is heavily shortened in the back and with long, careless, torn or bangs in the front. As already mentioned, both a girl and a guy can walk with such a head with equal success.
The main element of any haircut and styling in this style is a long oblique bangs with a “torn” edge, preferably covering half of the face or at least one eye. When describing hairstyles, you need to remember that any emo is such a kind of Pierrot, instead of the lost Columbine, always mourning the imperfection of this world. An emo hairstyle should emphasize the sensitive and peculiar inner world of its owner, therefore it is often supplemented with various details and color inserts.
- ❤STYLING & COLORING: The hairstyle wax can dye your hair or your beard whenever you want, allow you to sculpt and create texture
- ❤INSTANT HAIR COLORING: Easy to color, without damage to hair, no sticky
- ❤EASY TO WASH OUT: Wash it out just with water, suitable for all hair types
- ❤Cruelty-Free and Vegan:100% natural ingredients, made of plant extracts, no scalp irritation, environmentally friendly and no harm to your health
- ❤SCENES TO BE USED: Daily use, Date, Party, Cosplay, Halloween, and so on
Emo haircuts often use bright colors, especially if they have very dark hair. Usually, the colored elements are contrasting, most often they are red and blue overhead strands, but all shades of pink are also common – a typical emo color. Sometimes the emo blondes you meet like to tint strands with fashionable hair crayons, more often in the same classic pink colors.
You won’t find perfectly slicked or braided hair in this style. Any hairstyle, even with a very complex styling, will look as if its owner had just got out of bed, ruffled his hair with his hands in despair and went out into the street. In fact, achieving this “emotionally” casual effect can take hours and tons of styling products.
Emo makeup and manicure
Makeup is a very important element of style, a characteristic feature by which you can distinguish your friends from others. In the West, emo make-up is a “war paint” unisex, that is, both boys and girls use decorative cosmetics equally actively. Our young people avoid using powders and blush too brightly, which cannot be said about Korea and Japan, and other developed countries. In them, emo girls and boys are sometimes difficult to distinguish from each other, so diligently both parties use cosmetics.
The basis of this make-up is an even and very light complexion, as smooth as a porcelain doll, skin. From this point of view, emo makeup helps young people to monitor the health of their skin, because porcelain smoothness cannot be organized by any forces on pimpled teenage skin. You have to unwillingly get rid of acne if you want to be a real emo.
- An even complexion can be created by different means – rather dense foundation creams, powders are used, but Korean BB creams have shown themselves best. They give a dense uniform coverage, hold for a long time, brighten the face and give it the desired languid “suffering” pallor. In addition, they have a very significant plus – they are able to heal not entirely healthy and prosperous skin.
- The second important element is the heavily lined black eyes. To do this, use a fairly bold black eyeliner with a large shaft. It gives a “thick” outline, which is also slightly shaded. With a pencil, the now fashionable pink and reddish shadows are often used – very in the emo style.
- Young ladies use pale pink blush with a cold undertone, and they diligently “wipe” all emo lips from the face, covering them with a layer of foundation or using very pale, nude lipstick.
Emo manicure is the height of emotions. Most often it is black or a combination of black and doll-like pink varnish. But hardly anyone will be able to find a perfectly applied paint. Emo is so overwhelmed by emotions that they simply do not succeed in straight lines. Carelessness and touching “painting” on nails are more common among teenagers. More advanced followers of the style try to bring their nails, like the entire appearance, to perfection, but staying within the framework of their chosen style.
The term “emo” comes from the English word “emotional” – “emotional”. This is an allusion to the predominance of feelings over practical calculation, to the free expression of emotions. Everyone has the right to choose their own way and lifestyle. The main thing is that the attempt to concentrate on your inner world does not overshadow the outer life. In the end, the emo style of clothing, behavior, communication, in addition to a depressive touch, has a lot of positive features, for example, constancy in friendship and love, rejection of bad habits, a sports lifestyle, etc.
If someone likes it, why not be emo?
- This product helps style your hair, while providing temporary and fantastic hair dye color and coverage
- Jakuva Great product for those who want to change hair colors, and the product washes out easily
- Made from natural ingredients, no scalp irritation, environmentally friendly and no harm to your health
- This 9 colors Hair Dye Wax allows you Styling and Coloring hair with multiple choices at any time
- Ideal for Daily use, Festivals, Parties, Stag & Hen, Events, Clubbing, concerts, Raves, Halloween, Fancy dress