Today, it is probably impossible to find a person who does not know about the emo subculture. Yes, you can love them or be cool, but you can’t help but notice!
- HEAT PROTECTANT: Have no fear of blow-dryers or styling irons! Hair Food Coconut & Argan Oil Heat Protectant Spray Blend helps to seal and protect your hair from heat damage* up to 450°F and give it healthy shine (*Due to thermal styling)
- ONLY WHAT YOU NEED: We believe what you put on your hair is as important as what you eat. Hair Food products are sulfate free, paraben free and dye free
- LEAVES HAIR SHINY: Protects all hair types to give hair a healthy-looking shine and lets you style to your heart’s content
- DESIGNED FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: Whether you have straight, wavy or curly hair, fine or thick, Hair Food Protectant Spray protects it all. Shake well and then spray liberally, section by section, before applying heat
- KITCHEN-INSPIRED RECIPES: Blended with the essence of coconut for a refreshing, delicious scent. Use on its own or with your favorite Hair Food shampoo, conditioner or other styling products for best results
In any crowd, the emo kid stands out not only for its special demeanor, but for its unique style. The image consists of many components: clothes, shoes and, of course, a haircut. Moreover, hairstyle styling is of the greatest importance.
The emergence of emo culture occurred simultaneously with the emergence of the musical direction. Colorful, unusual, very sensitive – this is what distinguishes true emo fights and emo girls. Extreme emotionality is a prerequisite for all fans, because “emo” is emotions. You do not need to be afraid to show them: cry, rejoice, shout or laugh loudly – the expression of even the most extreme manifestations is strongly encouraged.
Naturalness, normalcy of any unusual strokes – that’s what the subculture reflects. As a rule, these are people with a vulnerable nature, prone to depression and spleen. But if you do not like all this romance, but you like emo hairstyles – go for it! Let you be a joyful and triumphant emo, and we will tell you about all the styling and haircuts, along with the color schemes of the hairstyles.
General emo hairstyle trends for guys and girls
Are you surprised? Yes, there are emo guys too. Moreover, these are not necessarily skinny representatives of the underground or bohemians. Today in the cities you can see quite successful young people, with gold expensive watches and the latest car brand, but referring to themselves as emo-fights.
How to distinguish all fans of the style? Of course, for hair and clothes. So, emo kid, these are:
- Characteristic haircuts. A hairstyle can have almost any shape and length; bangs and torn ends are a must. By the way, the bangs must certainly be oblique, and sometimes it reaches the very tip of the nose, covering one eye.
Interesting! If this bang is not suitable for you by the nature of your activity, you can make a straight, solid or even very short bang – this is now allowed. But do not forget that the hair should be “hanging” over the eyes or combed to the side. Hair color. Preference is given to black shades, with the colors of the raven’s wing being thick, rich black tones and coarse hair. The basic palette is small and is the same for both genders. But there is some variety available today. For example, emo blonde girls look very stylish, chestnut shades also look good. A variety of shades of black are great for boys: from iridescent glossy to royal black.
- Bright splashes of color on the hair are a must! It can be one strand dyed in a contrasting color or many strands of different lengths, different from the main hairstyle, colored in the most unique colors.
- However, when thinking about creating an emo hairstyle, try experimenting. To begin with, you can take tint shampoos (so as not to repaint completely and for a long time), determine your color spectrum and you can already dare!
Important advice from the editors.
Stop ruining your hair with harmful shampoos!
Recent research on hair care products has revealed a terrifying figure – 97% of famous brands of shampoo spoil our hair. Check the composition of your shampoo for: sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, coco sulfate, PEG. These aggressive components destroy the hair structure, deprive curls of color and elasticity, making them lifeless. But this is not the worst thing! These chemicals enter the bloodstream through the pores and are carried to the internal organs, which can cause infections or even cancer. We strongly recommend avoiding such shampoos. Use only natural cosmetics. Our experts carried out a number of analyzes of sulfate-free shampoos, among which they identified the leader – Mulsan Cosmetic. The products comply with all norms and standards of safe cosmetics.
Emo hairstyle: caramel shades to your face
Anyone who does not like black should adopt this particular color palette. Today the emo subculture no longer requires strict adherence to the canons, the main thing is individuality. Standing out from the crowd is important, and this is best done with your hair style and color. A bright lock of hair is not an indicator of emo, many directions of youth hobbies have already “stolen” this touch, but emo styling remains individual to this day.
An unusual haircut that repeats the look of torn strands throughout the hair, a combination with curls of a different length, but always straight – this is what emo styling is. But to add some “doll-like”, so beloved by emo girls will help bouffant with the use of styling products. By the way, for the most “advanced” representatives of the subculture, the fleece never looks messy, it is an ideal styling, which, in combination with a beautiful dress, creates an incredibly beautiful image.
Complete your hairstyle with a bow, and you will not be able to take your eyes off. Caramel emo is tenderness, innocence, femininity and a certain amount of sexuality. But this is exactly what any girl wants to look like.
By the way, emo hairstyles are popular not only among young people, many celebrities prefer this stylish image, which immediately makes it clear that this is an extraordinary personality, deeply emotional and feeling. And such people will never be left without interested views from the outside.
Another advantage of the emo style is its versatility. Hairstyles suit absolutely and absolutely everyone! Any type of person, physique, age, position in society and financial solvency – nothing matters. The choice of styling is so rich that every fashionista and fashionista will choose the perfect option for both short and long hair.
And don’t forget: emo starts with cleanliness. Slightly oily hair or messy styling is not allowed here. Even the chaos on the head must be carefully thought out.
Emo haircut for short curls: rules and possibilities
Pronounced asymmetry, torn lines, fleece, a wide range of colors – that’s what an emo haircut is. The performance on hair of any length can be very different, but long bangs, as well as the presence of sideburns on a face with a shortly cropped back of the head, is a must.
If you have a little creativity in hand, then creating the perfect haircut is just around the corner. Take a typewriter, thinning scissors, large mirrors and start:
- It is better to hide the shaved brush on the crown under the bulk of the hair. So you guarantee yourself a constant volumetric nape;
- Thinning scissors will hide all the blemishes of the haircut and create the necessary “torn” ends;
- Bangs to one side, the longer the strands, the better;
- Make the temporal locks asymmetrical;
- Leave the piping straight at the back.
The hairstyle is ready and you can go to paint. And so that you don’t feel sorry for the cut curls and you finally come to terms with the fact that even such a hairstyle is perfect, here are the tips of the masters:
- Short or long bangs are allowed;
- An ultra-short hairstyle is allowed, but then let the bangs look very torn and oblique;
- Multilevel strands are normal;
- By coloring the strands in different colors, you can smooth out the irregularities of your own haircut, but then choose absolutely contrasting shades for two adjacent strands;
- To create a “sharp” emo hairstyle on the back of the head will help not only a sheared brush, but also a mousse of strong fixation. Apply, comb and smooth, but against hair growth;
- The comb is good for emo hairstyles with slight asymmetry and medium bangs. It is simple to do this: comb the strands from the top of the head forward (a corner forms on the face), fix with gel or varnish.
If your emo hairstyle did not quite work out in terms of asymmetry, do not worry, let the shape remain, but achieve the desired effect by alternating smooth and tousled strands. For example, on the back of the head, lift the hair with a gel, smooth it at the forehead, or, in general, “put” the entire mass of hair, and iron the bangs with an iron.
Emo haircut for semi-long hair
Girls, if you do not want to radically change the image, do the usual square, but with emo elements.
- First you need to go to a good (just good) master so that you can create the perfect bob hairstyle.
- Then take scissors in your hands and cut off individual strands of hair throughout the volume of hair.
- Thinning is a must! And there is no need to be afraid of asymmetric waves, the more, the better.
- The crown is cut to a length of 5-7 cm, so styling will take very little time.
So the emo haircut is ready. This is the most standard and popular option. But there are many more ways to diversify your style: bouffants, decorative hairpins, bows, headbands and hoops – you will never exhaust all the possibilities of an emo hairstyle. But remember the basic rule – a good haircut from the right master.
- BLUE HAIR WAX- Professional hair wax matte for men women, gives all hair types the hold, control, and shine that it needs
- STYLING & COLORING at the same time, A versatile hairdressing pomade that allows you to mold, sculpt and create texture
- 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS – Made of plant extracts, no scalp irritation, environmentally friendly and no harm to your health
- TEMPORARY DYING HAIR – Good solution for people who like dying hair with different colors. Easy coloring, easy washing, strong and no damage hair, no stickiness
- FOR A HASSLE-FREE HAIRSTYLE – If you’re looking for an extra boost to help your hair go from average to exceptional, do it the easy way! In just minutes, you’ll have a different look
If you do not want to spoil your hair yourself, you should take care of a photo selection in advance in order to show all the pictures to the hairdresser. Not every professional understands the subculture, but he can easily cut according to a drawing or photo, as well as advise styling options, hair care methods and other wisdom.
The most important thing about emo is self-expression. A haircut imposes certain stylistic features, compliance with which is mandatory, this is not just a styling option, it is an emotional state and direction, frivolity and tenderness, vulnerability and sensuality – that’s what emo is.
Emo hairstyle for long hair: it couldn’t be easier
Creating a hairstyle in the style of the youth movement for long hair is not difficult at all. The simplest and most uncomplicated thing is to shorten individual strands.
- In the middle on the back of the head, divide the hair with a horizontal parting;
- The lower part is collected in the tail;
- The upper part is trimmed to the level of the lower tail;
- The strands are processed in a chaotic manner, without the slightest encroachment on the evenness of the lines. As a result, you will get a two-layer hair that requires final thinning. The visual effect of torn strands is ensured.
Interesting! Dull scissors can do a great job. It will be much easier to achieve asymmetry.
- Loosen all the curls, cut some of the hair on the crown to a length of 5-8 cm and do not forget about the trimmed “ruff” to add volume. Nothing else is needed, the result will delight with individuality.
Important! If your hair isn’t thick, then long bangs won’t look good. In this case, you need an asymmetrical haircut.
Styling emo hairstyles
For the hair to fit perfectly, you need: a comb with fine teeth, mousse, a hairdryer and patience:
- Apply strong hold mousse to clean strands;
- Dry the entire mass of hair;
- A pile on the back of the head will raise the hair (you can also comb the crown);
- Comb the side strands at the roots, and then comb the entire length with a round comb (brushing).
It remains to fix the emo hairstyle with varnish and decorate with a hairpin or headband. You are irresistible and charming!
- EXPERT STYLING: Create long-lasting, textured hair styles with our Molding Hair Wax
- SHORT & MEDIUM HAIR: Our Molding Hair Wax is perfect for short and medium length hair
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Contains Jojoba Oil, which acts as a natural conditioner, protecting the hair and facilitating new hair growth.
- ALWAYS FREE FROM … Parabens, Colourants, SLS/SLES, Mineral oils and never tested on animals
- MADE IN THE UK: Proud to be crafted with care in the UK using naturally derived ingredients